what is an unlocked phone?
An unlocked cell phone isn't tied to any one carrier or contract, so you can shop around. Plus, you're free to buy a new phone anytime, with more choices in models and features.
check out the advantages
freedom of choice
• you have more choices on models, carriers and plans • you can shop around and save money • there are no hidden fees on a monthly carrier plan • you'll avoid roaming charges • it's easy to upgrade or buy a new phone anytime
• a SIM card (available at Target stores) connects with your carrier • you can take out the SIM card from your old phone and use it in a new phone, as long as it’s the right size • another option is to switch out SIM cards from several compatible carriers • get help from a Target Tech team member, or see your phone’s user guide for more info
ideal for travel
• you can buy an unlocked phone in the U.S. and purchase a SIM card in the country you visit • pay the locals' rate and avoid high roaming rates • Dual-SIM unlocked phones accept 2 SIM cards: one for the country you're visiting, another for home
know your choices
• most unlocked phones are only GSM-compatible • they can be used with select carriers, including AT&T and T-Mobile • they work with international data plans
universal unlocked phones
• you can choose almost any carrier or plan • carriers include AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint • they work with international data plans
certified pre-owned phones
• they're new or only slightly used • they have little, if any, cosmetic damage • compared to new phones, they're a less expensive option